I'm really getting tired of Global Warming

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

faca

Forager
Dec 10, 2003
SPAIN
Have you see Al Gore film about?
Onr thing that kick me is when he explaind about a frog in hot water it jumps out becouse hot water but if this frog is put into a water and become to heat slowly increasind its temperature the frog doesn´t notice so no jumps out becouse chande takes place soooooo slowwwwly..............
The same for global warming?

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Nigel said:
So when is global warming going to happen?
It IS happening.

30 years ago my grandfather made a quihnzee with some students. He found wet heavy snow at the bottom, and light fluffy snow on top. That is the natural way snow has been like for centuries.

20 years ago, they only found the wet heavy snow.

10 years ago, there was only wet heavy snow and a crust on top

Today, the snow is either the wet heavy stuff with the hard crust, or it's light fluffy snow, that blows everywhere and never sinters fully.

The weather is completely off; No snow until February, then it turns into a hard blizzard for 3-4 weeks... That's happened for the past 4-5 years in a row. As well, floods in the dry season here in Ontario... it's completely off.

That is Global Warming, not the earth just getting warm, but the weather going completely off balance and going to the extremes.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
In 1915 Shackleton's ship in the endurance broke up on the edge of the Larsen ice shelf. The endurance was approxmatly 300 miles from solid land. In 1995 the northernly section, Larsen A broke up. By 2005 a beach had become visable in the summers where the ice shelf was. There had been a beach there before, but would been when there was dinosaurs.

Yes there has been climate shifts before. There was one approx. 700 years ago. For a reason unknown there was sudden increase in rain fall in europe. Wheat harvests became infected with ergot, and people starved. There was flash floods in Bristol channel rising the sea height 20 metres. The viking setlement on greenland was forced into cannablism, before going exstinct. The period last about fifty years, and may of coincided with a huge volcano in indonesia. We haven't had a massive volcano go off in the last 2 decades, but we have pumped alot rubbish into environment. Remember the air temperture dropped 3 farenhiet over the USA when the planes were grounded after 9/11.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE