I'm not a prepper...but my son will be...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Code:
A rise of 10 feet in the coming centuries eh??

lol, that's scaremongering at its weakest!!!!

Does anyone out there still really believe the hype of man made climate change????

Nah, no-one really, apart from the scientific community who have studied it more than the rest of us, and those who are in the habitat of believing the most knowledgeable people on a given subject... in this case the scientists :rolleyes:

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
It's not hype and scaremongering, if it's true. I certainly believe man has contributed massively. "There is no stabilization mechanism" is what i found most worrying. Not that im a stress head, or overly worried, but i'm not in denial either. It is what it is. What are we gonna do about it?? I'd like to at least try.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I don't understand how people can believe climate change ISN'T a thing. We've made an impact on the land. It's clear to see. Yes, some of the reports may be "scare mongering", but you can't deny climate change doesn't exist.

Papa Tac

Jul 13, 2012
Codroy Valley, NL, Canada
I think it's possible and probable that the worst case scenarios will come to pass, ie rising temps, sea level, glacial/polar met, storms, etc.
And I think Man is poisoning the planet with chemicals and petroleum, destroying clean air, water and soil.
But I do not think Man has a thing to do with the Temperature.
I firmly believe that natural cycles and solar behaviour govern our weather.
I could explain, but I'll just leave it there... and say I believe the thunderbolt steers the universe.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure.

- Agent Smith - The Matrix

:)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
The thing with global warming/climate change is that it is happening on ALL the planets in our solar system. :)

http://www.livescience.com/1349-sun-blamed-warming-earth-worlds.html
http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-other-planets-solar-system.htm
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming.html

It's not hype and scaremongering, if it's true. I certainly believe man has contributed massively. "There is no stabilization mechanism" is what i found most worrying. Not that im a stress head, or overly worried, but i'm not in denial either. It is what it is. What are we gonna do about it?? I'd like to at least try.
Does anyone still believe that mankind hasn't at least made a major contribution to global warming?

Alexlana

Feb 26, 2014
Merseyside
See now the problem was never man made bull crap global warming that is just a multi billion dollar industry. The problem is our sun it is shutting down, we are entering a part of the suns cycle called Maunder Minimum. This is where the magnetics of our sun fails causing very weak and almost non existent sun spots we need small flares to expand our atmosphere. The sun is the reason the weather on this planet has gone egg shaped. Maunder Minimum happened before it will happen again it is a part of the suns cycles. It causes small ice ages and severe weather. Last one few hundred years ago killed millions.

I think it's possible and probable that the worst case scenarios will come to pass, ie rising temps, sea level, glacial/polar met, storms, etc.
And I think Man is poisoning the planet with chemicals and petroleum, destroying clean air, water and soil.
I could explain, but I'll just leave it there... and say I believe the thunderbolt steers the universe.

correct!!!
It's natural and cyclical, had been happening for millennia.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom

He's right about the thunderbolt. I know it to be a fact

[video=youtube;ukTzMNZOH7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukTzMNZOH7M[/video]

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
except that it isn't.

I guess you didn't really read your links. The national geographic one contains several fairly robust rebuttals of that theory.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I did read them, its a case of one scientist arguing against another as per usual. But scientists are saying both things. Other planets are warming, both sides agree on that., the argument is whether the same thing causing them to warm is the same thing causing our planet to warm.

The way i see things is this... many planets are warming at the same time.... i don't believe in coincidences on that scale

except that it isn't.

I guess you didn't really read your links. The national geographic one contains several fairly robust rebuttals of that theory.

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
then you didn't read it. The National geographic article has people saying that the melting of the mars 'ice' caps is due to wobble on it's axis, not warming.

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
The earth's spin is more stable due to the large moon ( we still have a wobble). Mars isn't warming up, its just that the tilt is changing a bit which is causing the 'ice' caps to melt.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE