I'm doing Ghillie kettle group buy

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Two things:

1. I already have a Ghillie, so I won't be in the GB. :( Having said that, my Ghillie is one of my most-used bits of kit. The one I have is just the right size to fill a hot water bottle. :)

2. Be careful if you're using one of these things for the first time. Make only a small fire with a handful of twigs, don't rush, give yourself time to get used to it. If you make a big fire in them they boil water VERY quickly. Think jets of boiling water several metres long, and take a look at the photos of my hand...

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39722&p=749850#post749850

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Ok I'm keeping the group buy open till January.
As people put their orders and payment in I'll send the off straight away.
So there will be no waiting this time

Sandbag47

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
does anyone know if the corks from a kelly kettle fit the ghillies ? i was after a kelly one so i can keep water in it but the ghillie seems cheap this way if i could get a cork for it too i may be interested?

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
The whistles hold water in the ghille. And trust me they are well made and not cheap. I'll check about the cork

Last edited:

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
i meant cheap as in tempted over the kelly not cheap as in build quality... i was on the kelly kettle site earlier and they sell corks just wonder if they fit lol..

how does the whistle keep water in ? will it carry without leaking?

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
The whistle fits right over the nozzle and only has a small hole around the edge and I just checked it and only a couple of drops dripped out. Also I have spoken with Steve from Ghillie and if you want a cork he can sort you out with a cork for one for only a small amount more.

Last edited:

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
thanks for the info if the group buy is still going when i have some funds i might dive on but atm (given the time of year) i am skint but maybe coming into some cash around xmas. Thanks for asking / answering my queries though

The whistle fits right over the nozzle and only has a small hole around the edge and I just checked it and only a couple of drops dripped out. Also I have spoken with Steve from Ghillie and if you want a cork he can sort you out with a cork for one for only a small amount more.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
That's ok I'm keeping the group buy open till the beginning of January. The first orders have already been sorted and sent (I hope).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE