Im carving a green man

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Jon that's beautiful

Stunning, stunning quality!

Seriously - can I have first refusal if you ever choose to sell it?

Red

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
Breathtaking for a first attempt with your new tools. You have a natural bent towards this sort of thing. I however wouldn't push you towards doing this sort of thing for a living unless you wanted to. I've known several people who regretted doing that because it turned something that they loved and enjoyed into a chore because they were forced to churn it out in order to earn a living. There is a balance if you can find it.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That`s a great talent you`ve got there Jon, truly awsome mate well done.

Where`s it going once you`ve finished it by the way ???

:notworthy

Rich

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Don't blame you Jon!

Cant blame a guy for trying though - I look forward to seeing your "for sale" work

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I meant keeping it :)

As for the price - I would have no idea how to price something like that - I guess you would have to add up the hours for a start which I reckon would be a scary number right there. I used to work in the art game many years ago and its a strange thing to price - there is little "intrinsic" value in the materials - but as an artist becomes famous and their work is rare, the price spirals. My advice is charge as much as you can, but make sure your work sells too (especially in the early days). A good review in the right paper and a good gallery will be worth a lot

Red

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
That is looking like a beautiful piece Jon. The truth is that the image is already there within the wood - the real worth comes from the material that the artist removes from around it.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
This sort of stuff will sell well within the Pagan fraternity. There's quite a few Pagan magazines out there you could advertise individual pieces in. £500 sounds a fair price for a piece like you've done. No too expensive, but you're not underselling yourself either.

Eric

Gailainne

Life Member
Jon

I thought your canoes were brill, but this piece is amazing, especially as its a first, and with new tools, I cannot add to the advice already given, its all good, keep it up mate, can't wait to see this one finished, whats the overall sizes btw ?

Stephen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE