I'm a scoutleader!!

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Yep, you read it right; as of now I am a scoutleader in the Arkhyttan Scoutkår....
New country, new language, new responsibilities and a whole new field for me to operate in!

They've asked me to join them and, allthough I hesitated to accept, one of them talked me into it. I haven't quit figured out why they specifically asked me, but I'm will soon. I am going to give it a go for a season, to see how things work out. Never have worked with kids on this scale, the language might be a problem on quit a few occassions and there might be a cultural barrier too, but hey.... I'm not the kind of person to walk away from a challenge...
I am honoured and exited!

Wish me luck, y'all...
scouting-0001.gif

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Good luck. I hope you inspire the kids. When I was in scouts we didn't do much other than play games. The best was when we actually went and did something out side. That is what they really enjoy. Get them out in the woods as much as possible. Have fun.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Fantastic Ron - bee yourself, get em outdoors - and read Stovies scouting posts and you wont go wrong!

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Good Luck Ron; working with the youth members is the better part of scouting. Getting back to that has reminded me how much better it is than being "da management". Enjoy yourself and time will fly by.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE