Ignoring a thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Is it a thread you've posted in in the past? Should be an Unwatch button top right to stop getting alerts.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
You could ignore the person, not sure how that works if the OP is on the ignore list?
Obviously it would ignore all posts made by the person

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I wondered about that too - I just ended up visually ignoring the thread when it came up... it soon died and went away anyway :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
If you put the poster of the thread on ignore it might possibly block the thread from your view as the system makes all posts by that person invisible.

Edit: yes, this works. I put you on ignore because you’re the OP and the thread disappeared completely.

It was blissfully peaceful for a moment :D:D:D

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
OK, I'm going to disappoint you all; it's not that exciting :)

I have never understood the fascination with the 'Word Association Game' thread and now there are two of them! Other people seem to get a lot of enjoyment out of them so I have no problem with them being there but, I just thought, rather than them constantly cluttering my 'new posts' notice I'd put them on ignore.

See, as I said, nothing exciting :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, that would be a lot of people to ignore!

I think that in the old days, we had an option for ignoring threads, but that's no longer the case and hasn't been for quite a while, the ignore system works on a person ID basis.

I can set things so that posts aren't recorded in 'new posts' from certain forums, but this is universal and would be the same for everyone, so doesn't work as a solution for you...

Sorry to have added to the clutter, I totally get it.

• Haha
Reactions: Broch

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE