Ideas for my 40th.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, I know you are suprised at the idea of me being so old.

I dont really like parties but Id like to make it special.

any suggestions?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
40 is old:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm living proof that 60 (or near) is the new FORTY :)

Your still a nipper.

Book a flight a couple of months (way cheaper) in advance
http://www.ryanair.com/en

Then a room or studio
http://www.alpharooms.com/

And go and do something different in a different country, go get a toy boy/girl (whatever takes your fancy) out in sunny Spain, go to Prague, you can go and shoot pistols and even AK47 machine guns; go to Budapest and have the best Turkish bath you can imagine in the most beautiful Turkish baths you can imagine. Do something that is different from bushcraft, there is far more to life.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Chop in the tired, pactical older model for a newer racier one with sleek lines is the traditional approach. The current one might have been okay once, but everything is starting to sag and creak, some parts don't work properly anymore and there is occasionally a weid smell. It take forever to get it going - especially in the morning. Why not have the latest, barely legal one where everything is taught and tight, its just humming and tense and bursting with raciness.

If you don't like that idea, get a new car.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
:lmao::lmao: nice one BR:35:

What about a 'special' knife....

Chop in the tired, pactical older model for a newer racier one with sleek lines is the traditional approach. The current one might have been okay once, but everything is starting to sag and creak, some parts don't work properly anymore and there is occasionally a weid smell. It take forever to get it going - especially in the morning. Why not have the latest, barely legal one where everything is taught and tight, its just humming and tense and bursting with raciness.

If you don't like that idea, get a new car.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I guess strippers and copious ammounts of booze aren't to your liking?

a blacksmith day wopuld be great, forge your own knife and stuff like that!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
<sighs> bear in mind I have little money and my family are somewhat tightfisted.

They are also convinced I am 17, for some reason. I think its the college.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
well what about a little bcuk meet in the woods for a quiet time arounf the fire with friends. neednt cost much at all and a night in the woods is always special

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
Climb your nearest hill (preferably mountain) , build and light a flaming beacon on top and proclaim loudly to the 4 winds and the people and lands around you that you have earned your right to enter your hallowed days :)

Oh, and watch out for rangers, police, and anyone wearing a white coat!

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Get shot out of a cannon, not the stunt kind but a massive old nepolieon era one while dressed in a tutu, parra boots and a ww1 german spike helmet. :p

In all seriousness, how about a meal with the family then a nice evening out.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, I have thought of `something` but it would involve me taking time off of college, which is Not Done.

Abominble Scouse monster, Im afraid it would have to be mons meg to fit my wide shoulders.

Barethrills, a great idea. I am in N Wilts, have you an idea for a venue???

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE