ics

I'm thinking about one of these
http://www.imsplus.com/universal-improved-combat-shelter-ics-.html
and was wondering if any of our American cousins on here have had any experience of using one?

I'm a great fan of US kit and regularly use a USMC combat tent and the quality is second to none! But these one man shelters look perfect for what I need in the winter here in the Glens in Scotland.

Info on the net on these is minimal as they are so new, apparently there are four variants getting trialled just now so that some can be joined up to make bigger shelters...

WS

Sorry for not answering your question (I have no idea what the USMC kit is like), but for the price that you would be paying after customs and excise take their cut you might want to consider the excellent Hilleberg Akto. Tried and tested in the winter in Scottish glens as evidenced below :) (it can be found cheaper than its rrp!)

380835374_7hdt3-L.jpg

Cheers for that info Hedgepig, yeagh I'm really familiar with Hilleberg tents, I've got an early model tunnel of theirs (mil issue), fantastic tents indeed. But hey the ICS is available MUCH cheaper than that web...:rolleyes: , and before I go for it was wondering if anyone had actally seen or used one. I am after the woodland cammo one, I like it's ground hugging design, lightweight and stealthyness...basically the qualities of a small tent and hooped bivi hide in one...I'd be using it as an overnight wildlife observation hide/bivi hence the cammo and thats my excuse and I'm sticking too it!

I've actually ordered a cammo bothy bag (hhhmmmm cammo I hear u say-defeats the purpose of a rescue bag? Yes and no, it's a mil spec bag and it wont be used for emergencies, just as a hide) as a mobile hide for winter but this ICS looks ideal.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
I once tried to order stuff from this company but that didn't work out as I expected. It was 10 years ago & perhaps they bettered their lives..

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
I do like the look of that shelter - strikes me as KISS in action - but I notice "This next generation shelter is made of lightweight, durable, flame resistant rip stop nylon". How are they going to manage condensation in that? Even with the top of the door open, unless I'm missing something (huge vents somewhere for example) I would have thought it would be a sauna in there

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
"I once tried to order stuff from this company but that didn't work out as I expected. It was 10 years ago & perhaps they bettered their lives.."

I placed an order with these guys 2 weeks ago. No confirmation email on placing the order and not a single response to the 2 or 3 queries I sent them.

Give it a try, but I wouldn't expect much!

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
"I once tried to order stuff from this company but that didn't work out as I expected. It was 10 years ago & perhaps they bettered their lives.."

I placed an order with these guys 2 weeks ago. No confirmation email on placing the order and not a single response to the 2 or 3 queries I sent them.

Give it a try, but I wouldn't expect much!

So, at least they keep up to standards :lmao:

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Have a look at the Gelert one man solo tent. I have one and have found it to be very useful. Not cammo but is a dull green and may well suit your needs.

Sandsnakes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE