Swag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
I think I would like to try a swag, and quite like the look of the outhaus versions, for when I'm out and close to the car or for me and the other half.

Does anyone on here use one or any recommendations for any other variants?

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
I have not tried the Outhaus option however the quality of stitching and materials from Outhaus is fantastic. I have used swags from Wynnchester however a different model to the one currently offered, At the moment I have a couple of Burke and Wills swags. I have seen lots of good stuff about ARB there are many great swags out there, but the difficult thing is getting them in the UK. check out some of the swag camping sites on YouTube. all good kit. Things I would look for are quality canvas, good workmanship and good robust insect netting. good insect net just makes it a much nicer place to sleep. in fact I was out the last two nights and had no bites, others in my party ended up with multiple itchy bites.
If you are after any more info just ask.
Louis

Reactions: Decacraft

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
My son and grandsons use ex military swags. A waterproof outer, a blanket and a cotton/linen liner all buttoned together and zipped right around. The last used them at Bloodstock a few weeks back. I’d rate them at 2 season.
I can never remember the name of the supplier but he was at Bloodstock and recognised Harry as a customer from a way back. H was wearing a Polish poncho and was the driest person in the field.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Incoming information:
Son says that they are Czech army and from Military Mart.
Daughter reminds me that she was using hers yesterday when camping with me! She recommends them but we have no idea how a modern swag performs so can’t make judgement. She worked in Australia for a couple of years and got used to swags rather than sleeping bags when she was out and about.

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
If you look at one of the several links in the OP you will see what they mean

Sent from underground

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I agree :)
That’s a tent

Originally a swag was just a blanket roll and waterproof mat. Still is in Australia.

This is a Czech military swag. It’s a swag and a bivvie sack combined.
IMG_5385.jpeg

Last edited:

fast but dim

Nomad
Nov 23, 2005
lancs
I think I would like to try a swag, and quite like the look of the outhaus versions, for when I'm out and close to the car or for me and the other half.

Does anyone on here use one or any recommendations for any other variants?
I have got an outhaus swag.

They're really good for one night car camps, or as extra accommodation when you have a bigger tent (or campervan... that's what I use mine for)

They take about a minute to set up, and are pitch black inside and very well ventilated.
Most of the time I use mine under the awning of my campervan.

With an inflatable pillow and your sleeping bag stored inside they're super convenient for short stays.

I like mine. Its pretty limited, but very good for its purpose.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Roll up your sleep mat and sleeping bag inside a goretex bivvy and essentially you have got yourself a swag. The Czech bedroll as seen before is not bad but wouldn't want to use it in really cold weather.

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
I have used a bedroll previously and enjoyed it- nothing against it at all.

The only reason I wanted a swag was for the ability to take the other half out with me, or if one of the kids wanted to come out it gives me more suitable room for 2 of us.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE