Ice bear sharpening kits

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Yes and yes :).

Mine were a gift not sure I'd pay that price for myself as you can achieve the same results for a lot less £'s. But still they are very good and I've always been pleased with the results.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Yes and yes :).

Mine were a gift not sure I'd pay that price for myself as you can achieve the same results for a lot less £'s. But still they are very good and I've always been pleased with the results.

Agreed, I used to cook professionally so justified the expense but for occasional bushcraft sharpening its a lot of cash for a set. I tend to use an old oilstone now that I picked up at a carboot sale for very little.

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Yeah they are a bit pricey,£69.90 on eBay I've found,maybe there is somewhere cheaper to get them from.But they will last me along time so maybe worth it ;)

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
I bought an Alan Wood knife from a member here, the knife was sound but had developed a convex profile (like an axe should have). An Ice-Bear set was my saviour and has restored the skandi-grind that the knife started out with. And kept it sharp. Good stones, good results. I can't say that the set was cheap, but they have worked for me.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Years ago i bought the "Ray Mears" set up. Cost a pretty penny but they work very well on all my tools.

I estimate i bought them maybe 10 years ago and still use them to this day. I imagine I'll still be using them in 20 years time too.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
+1 on Daves sharpening stones and ancillaries; you just know you are getting tried and tested kit that works

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Jammylodger

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Leicester
Hi guys,
Try a company called Appleby wood turning in Swadlincote. I got some from these guys and they came in a wooden box with the nagura stone and I paid less than £50 I think.

Jammylodger

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Leicester
It's actually Appleby woodturnings and they do sell them for less than £50.
Check their website.
I'm not in any way associated with these guys, but just thought this may help.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE