i wanna.........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nameless

Forager
Jan 1, 2004
at home
Hey Everybody,

Since i'm finished school next year at the start of july i have been starting to think that a expedition would be good. I'm looking for somthing out of the ordanairy and that will last a life time. Does anyone have any idea's or sugestions? Im just pondering at the mo but i think that sailing along with hiking and climbing (Just a thought)

Cheers
Adam

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm off to Australia for at least 6 months when I got my (2nd) uni masters, within 2 years time. Was thinking about it last weekend (due to reading Lonely Planet -Australia) if it was possible to do some bushcraft with Aboriginal people during the trip, across the country.

Just my plans though ;)

troy

Forager
Aug 9, 2004
moray, scotland
www.mtn-m.co.uk
depends how much time and money you have really - if you have no money then you could always make a kayak , then sail on scottish lochs while hiking and climbing in the mountains, althought it may not be 'once in a lifetime stuff'. For that sort of thing, the best place I went when I was younger was new zealand - the climate is similar to here, apart from the seasons are opposite, i.e their winter is our summer - visa vera. But more importantly the whole country is over flowing with sailing, hiking, climbing possiblities - basically any adventure you could imagine.

One other thing, there are hundreds of students spending their gap years (from 1 to 10 in reality) out there, hence lots of cheap accomodation. My old hiking boots have taken me to a few countries and of all of them, I found NZ the most friendly and enjoyable - hope this helps.

nameless

Forager
Jan 1, 2004
at home
Stuart

I wa sthinking of further afield and well a budget is not really a problem(within reason) as i'm sure i could save etc. I was thinking that somtime a a trip with two jeeps from Ireland down to africa and back by eastern europe would be a good trip as long as you had unlimted time. Any idea's?

Cheers
Adam

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
There is always India. You can live cheaply there, and although a very 'foreign' culture, the British and the Indians seem to understand each other in a way that is hard to define.
I spent two months there working in a leprosy hospital. The trouble was that it took about two months to get used to the place, and just as I adjusted, I was flying home.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Go nuts! You're only young once :)
Seriously, you can achieve amazing things if you but try hard enough. For example, why not hike the length of the Trans-Siberian railway? You can find maps fairly easily, buy food along the way, etc, etc. You need hiking experience - that's free. You need to speak Russian - the cost of a Teach Yourself is about 20 quid. You might want some Russian friends - they're free! :D
Just an example, but you see what I mean. Go for broke :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE