I start university today!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
My wife and I have been mature students and went on to lecture to mature students. It is often hard work, but education is a treasure that once gained can never be taken away like material wealth. Stand by to have your life changed for the better! Good luck!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I went to Coll as a Mature (?) Student when I was in my 30s (studying Design ... Fashion Design! Well it taught me pattern cutting... and I did turn everything to Outdoor Clothing ... and got a distinction for my OND final collection of Ventile Mountain Resort Wear :) and I ended up designing for Craghoppers as a Freelance for a while :) ) - it was great!
Those 2 years of hard work (I was never exactly "accademically inclined") lead to me not only designing for major outdoor clothing companies but also to writing for magazines about clothing, writing DIY clothing and gear books, writing walks articles for major mags, writing books on walking and cycling and eventually to leading international expeds!
If I had not gone to Coll, none of that would have happened! The benifits of education can lead you in unexpected directions :)
Education is a wonderful thing and should not be wasted just on the young!
I had a great 2 years (OK it was hard graft at times and at times I felt like jacking it in but after we got one prat of a lecturer fired it was better, and sharing a house with 2 beautiful teenage girls over the winter was a bonus...) and it realy changed my life for the better!
Have a great time! :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Very best of luck with it :D
Enjoy it, keep your mind open, think on what you'd like to do when it's complete, and make contacts the whole way through Uni :) and outside of it too.

Best wishes,
M

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Another one for asking what subject your studying?:)

I'm with hamish in not using my degree, but at least I had fun getting it!

Go forth have fun and learn stuff...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE