I made a Leather Bottle Holder....

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
I have one of those oval Sigg bottles with a cup, the old skool one with a cork stopper. Its great and I use it for pocket brews and short couple of hour trips as its not that big. i combine it with my tatonka burner it fits nicely in my pocket but i dont really like that all the time so i made a combination belt holder that can also clip on the shoulder or waist strap of my pack.

Here what i came up with

Front view - simple sam browne stud closure
BottleCover1Small.jpg

Back view - Dangler belt loop that i can use with my belt or pack (removable so i can use it for other stuff) and horizontal mount belt loops that fit my belt and bag waist strap
BottleCoverSmall.jpg

This is just a tarty photo, my stitching has improved though
BottleCover2Small.jpg

And some pics of it being made
LeatherTools.jpg

NB* Check my paper working model lol :D :D

LeatherTools1.jpg

And the tools i used
LeatherTools2.jpg

The horizontal belt loops work quite well with a belt, it sits on the small of my back quite nicely. I dyed and waxed it and i quite like the way its come out looking aged even if i didnt mean to. Oh and its 2.2mm veg tanned bridal leather.

anyway thats all, cheers for looking

Comments and criticism welcome

Ed

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I was too impatient and scrolled down to look at the pictures before reading the details, so at first glance I thought you'd converted an old binoculars case. I have a case just like that with my Zenith Binoc's.

Very nice work indeed, I was impressed that you made a paper model of it first.
goodjob

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
I was too impatient and scrolled down to look at the pictures before reading the details, so at first glance I thought you'd converted an old binoculars case. I have a case just like that with my Zenith Binoc's.

Very nice work indeed, I was impressed that you made a paper model of it first.
goodjob

mate i cant do anything unless i make a pattern, well it turns out neater if i do, helps me to get the measurements etc right in my head if you know what i mean!

i have a couple of patterns made from crappy leather of a sheath and a pouch, then i can reproduce them quick if i need to!

cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE