i,m a celeb....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Well hears a question for you guys out there. Whats your opinion on i,m a celebrity get me out of here? Do you think it does anything for bushcraft?, i really don,t watch it myself just it was on TV last night &got me thinking: I wonder what everyone on BCUK thought about it :wink:

larry the spark

Forager
Dec 16, 2003
Belfast
I saw it last night and have to say it was bloody hilarious! Their attempt at making a bed was woeful and its worth watching if only to see that silly wee girl with the massive jurwubblies blubbing all the time...oh and another girl with massive jurwubblies makes for pleasant viewing too! :twisted:

Absolutely no relevance to bushcraft I would imagine as they are fairly mollycoddled by the T.V. company

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Bushcraft? - Nah!

It's a chance for low rate celebrities to try and give there failing careers a boost or just to get more time in the papers. Jordan is always trying to get on the front page of the papers and she has been for the last few days because of this.

Did you hear about the German (I think) version? The "contestants" could hear cars driving past on a road that was right next to their camp. :lol:

It might get bushcraft "noticed" a bit more, but it certainly isn't a good representation.

They should have had Ray Mears as one of the celebrities!! :rolmao:

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hope you all thought my question was tongue&cheek. personally i think it,s a mind numbing, spirit crushing pile of S**T. :cool:. I think it would make for better TV if they were given only the basics i.e(bow drill,knife,tarp etc) and told there,s the jungle get on with it. now that in my book would be worth seeing!!

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I think it is aimed at urbanites. The purpose being to show then that greenery and trees and running water is bad, evil and that it's right to pollute it, dig it up and rip it out of the ground. :evil: :evil:

What did Carl Sagan say about TV ... that it was a wasteland ... I couldn't agree more.

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
stuart f said:
.... it would make for better TV if they were given only the basics i.e(bow drill,knife,tarp etc) and told there,s the jungle get on with it. now that in my book would be worth seeing!!

Yeah we get to watch them all somehow manage to pop their clogs or be killed in about 2 days! :twisted:

:eek:\: :eek:T: :AR15firin :bu:

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Nothing to do with real jungles,bushcraft,survival or real life, but as larry says some variety of tits.apart from the ones on the ladies!

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
AHHHH, I was really sorry to see that poor Kerry was haveing trouble getting her bunk up, if she askes nicely (and pays for the ticket) ill pop over there and help her get it up!!!!!!!!

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
Tony said:
What an absolute load of tosh, I watched it for about 15 minutes last night, should have got some sleep instead :cry:

Yeah - I had to laugh when "Razor" Ruddock stood in the middle of the camp shouting "Snake, snake" when surely what he should have done is to kill it for the pot to supplement the rice and beans they're given.

They're in the middle of a jungle and complaining about the monotony of their diet :banghead:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
they were all moning about missing their favourite foods after one day! :lol:

it's not really "I'm a cellebrity....more, i'm a hasbeen and need some free publicity! :rolmao:

i have seen some of it, i would not be too hopefull getting anything bushcrafty from it, only prehaps to notice how people react under pressure in the enviroment otherwise nothing!

who would dig up eggs next to ostritches with seed attatched to them?

they might atleast make the tasks realistic, and safe!! :yikes:
:shock:

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
h'mm i'm afraid to say that i like watching i'm a celeb..., its almost too funny for words, mind you a couple of can's might have helped that impression!!
on a different note, there used to be a program on T4, sunday mornings that had a bunch of twenty something kids dumped on an island near aus, and they had to survive there. it was quite funny as well. one lot got give two pigs, but they couldn't kill them, another series was quite disgusting really, as the lads couldn't even make a clean job of killing the poor beast.
oh well quality televisual entertainment, not. :shock:

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I remember that!

They had a "vegetable patch" but the pigs were eating it so they decided to catch the pigs. After spending a lot of time running round the island after the pigs they caught one, put it into a homemade cage and it just walked out of one of the side gaps! :rolmao: So they had to start again.

I don't know why they didn't just build a fence around the veg patch and save their energy... :roll:

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
It is pretty mind numbing.

I remember when I forst saw it last year, all I could think is that if they gave them something to do (carvign a spoon, making cordage etc) as a challenge to occupy their time, it might stop them bitching about each other and getting bored.

We could play games like "count the carving injury" to stop ourselves getting bored too :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE