I hate paypal!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Has anybody had any experience with Google Checkout?
Yep, I've used it a couple of times a while back, in all honesty it was painless to setup and use, a lot quicker and more efficient than paypal and I've had zero hassle afterwards, not a single email. I dont believe I had to do any faffing around with card-verification and the like, it just worked.

I have no investments in Google (or any other company for that matter!) :p

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It seems I was already a Google Checkout customer anyway, due to joining Google when I was back in Germany! I'd forgotten all about that, only found out when i tried to join and it said the email I was using was already registered!

So far, it has been very straight forward. I cannot see anywhere anything that says they will take a charge of some sort for the use of the facility, but i will check my statements and report back if they see me off! Obviously, it would also stop me from using the system again, Paypal is bad enough for seeing folk off as it is!

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
I have never heard of anyone having an account hacked unless they have been dumb enough to fall for a phishing email and give out their accounts password.

I have never responded to a phishing mail or given out my password, but my Paypal account was used fraudulantly and over two hundred pounds was removed from my bank account. However, Paypal spotted the unusual account activity and contacted me. I have now been repayed the funds.
However, I am now going to remove the link from Paypal to my bank account.

Paypal is full of fees, but they offer a universal payment system that ordinary people can use to receive money. That is the root of many of their problems, from rip off merchants trying to scam your password or people dragging refunds out of your account when you the seller was in the right.

I use an email address that I only ever use for paypal and I am very suspicious when I receive unexpected emails. I am also very careful whom I sell to through paypal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE