I got myself an Anvil

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Managed to get hold of one at last.

Its a 2.5CWT from Kirkstall forge. So a locally made one to me. Having looked at images of kirkstall forge and all the huge power hammer type things they used, i'm presuming its a forged steel one?

The face is fairly flat, though it looks worse in the pic. Heavy bugger it was. Having to set it up at my parents atm as we have no room here for it unless i work outside, but not such a good idea i think. The scrap man would have had it away in no time.:mad:

151981523.jpg

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice one Mark. I'd love an anvil. Enjoy using that, looking forward to seeing what you do with it...

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Anything and everything mate :) The aim when i bought it was double bit axes, blades and damascus. But i'll also be doing decorative stuff, and stuff for campfires like trivets, tripods etc, firesteels.... anything :)

Nice. what are the plans going forward with this then Mark?

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Aye, i need to build the forge to go with it, first. I have a gas bottle forge i made when i first stated knifemaking, so i suppose that'll do initially.

Nice one Mark. I'd love an anvil. Enjoy using that, looking forward to seeing what you do with it...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE