Husqvarna axes, anyone used them?

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Was in my local tool/chainsaw shop yeaterday and spotted a quite nifty looking Husqvarna hatchet.
Seems keenly priced at about 26 quid as well, and being a Husky its going to be built for proper use I wound have thought.
Anyone used one of them to say?

HERES the range of them (not from my local shop admittedly) and this is the hatchet I was looking at.

hatchetmediuim.jpg

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Yep i got one from a mate who i belive bought a job lot cheap of the internet. Cost me a £10. Great little axe as good as the other GB i own in term of quality. Im sure they are made by Wetterlings or Hults (who Cegga works for) depending on what batch they are.

Get one

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Yep i got one from a mate who i belive bought a job lot cheap of the internet. Cost me a £10. Great little axe as good as the other GB i own in term of quality. Im sure they are made by Wetterlings or Hults (who Cegga works for) depending on what batch they are.

Get one

I did consider that they might have been re-branded Wetterlings as some of them look simillar.

Hmmm:)

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Stihl and Husqvarna make the best fossil fuel guzzling tools. they are a guilty pleasure. :D :cool:

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
Hi
Husky ask as at work to forge this axe so soon maybe they made by Hults Bruk.We made some other moddel for them.
I was sure before they ask on work that this was made by Gräsfors but Husqvarna say that it´s a Kina made axe
Cegga

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Hi
Husky ask as at work to forge this axe so soon maybe they made by Hults Bruk.We made some other moddel for them.
I was sure before they ask on work that this was made by Gräsfors but Husqvarna say that it´s a Kina made axe
Cegga

Thanks very much for the information.

Regards Scott.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Well I got one today, the little hatchet.
Seems nice, shaves hairs of my arm straight after buying it so they put a good factory edge on it.

No photos to show you chaps as I couldn't find any reindeer hide and proper "Bushrcraft" scenes to use as a backdrop, I could have taken a pic with it on the plastic toolbox its currently lying on but didn't want to be ostracised by the community for it not being quite "Pukka";)

I'll report how I get on with the axe when its had some good use but I'm very pleased with it and especially for the under 26 quid I paid for it from the local tool sales and chainsaw shop.

nevetsjc80

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
buckinghamshire
Has anyone tried their spliting range of husky axes? I dont mean for carrying on your bergan bushcrafting so much, but log spliting in general. They look nice but in two minds to get one??
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE