Hunting in NZ - includes pics

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bullterrier

Forager
Feb 4, 2011
NZ
P20500183.jpg

Picture107.jpg

Picture102.jpg

Harrycupboard014.jpg

I thought I'd share a few pics of some hunts here in NZ. They are all fallow "meat hunts" for the freezer.

It gives a bit of flavour for how we do things here - eg shorts are very often worn, even if it's a bit chilly. I'm wearing Stoney Creek 6 Pocket Shorts or Swazi Moleys. There always seem to be rivers/creeks to cross and long trousers just get sodden. Many people wear long johns under there shorts - now that is a good look!

Carrying the animal out yourself is also seen as an important part of the hunt - yes, lots of people use ATVs, but there are loads of places where that's not an option. The back pack carry - pikau - is part and parcel of that. Cheers!

bullterrier

Forager
Feb 4, 2011
NZ
They are actually ALL introduced - you can't hunt any native animals. The pigs came along with Captain Cook and all the whalers, I think.

All the pics were taken over the course of about 6 years or so. That big(ish) fallow ended up as 36 kg of sausages - we were enjoying him for well over a year!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE