Hunting Expo in Budapest...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
My fiancee and I spent the day in Budapest at the FeHoVa International Fishing and Arms Fair, there was much here that would have interested folks on this forum so here are a few images...

The exhibition...
picture-7.jpg

Falconry demonstrations...
picture-18.jpg

One of the knifemaker stalls...
picture-14.jpg

Many many Bowyers selling their wares...
picture-10.jpg

Custom knife...
picture-20.jpg

A great deal of fishing equipment...
picture-4.jpg

Hunting dogs...
picture-26.jpg

One wall featured children's drawings of hunting scenes, heres one...
picture-5.jpg

:)

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Looks like an interesting show, ta for the piccies.

Are those knives(5th photo) metal ground to resemble knapped blades? Quite a novel idea, cute.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Can you tell me if there is still a knifemaker called "Simon" working in Mohacs?

I don't know however there will be a large exhibition for metal workers and knife makers on June 21, in Szekesfehervar near to Budapest. Here is the site...

http://tuzzelvassal.hu/program.php

Maybe I'll see him there...

Are those knives(5th photo) metal ground to resemble knapped blades?

Yes they are, they seem very well made, more of this mans work can be found here...

http://afkknives.iweb.hu/
(click 'Belepes' to enter the site then click on Gyujtoi kesek)

Hawkeye The Noo

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Dunoon, Argyll
I spent about a month working in Budapest during the late 90s and then a fortnight the year after. I love that city and hope to visit again this year. I took so many photos of dogsthere and have never seen so many dogs per head of population anywhere else I have ever been. Out in Vac where I stayed with my friend Atilla, there were so many of the Caucasian Ovcharcas as guard dogs in gardens. I would much rather have one of them or a Kuvasc than any Rott or American Bulldog watching my back.

Nice post it brought back nice memories.

cheers

Jamie

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
there were so many of the Caucasian Ovcharcas as guard dogs in gardens. I would much rather have one of them or a Kuvasc than any Rott or American Bulldog watching my back.

Yep, a lot of dogs, however they all seem to be much happier and friendlier than the ones in Britain :) and yes, fewer Rott's and I've yet to see an American Bulldog.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE