Hultafors Axes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RobertsonPau

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2004
North Yorkshire,UK
I'm after some advice or info. I've got a hand axe made by Hultafors of Sweden, and it says hand made/forged and is a really nice piece of kit, and cheap. I want something a bit bigger, Granfors Small Forest kind of size, but I can't find a supplier for the Hultafors brand, and the shop the hand axe came from can only source the hand axe from their supplier. Any suggestions?

P.S. Hi to everyone, as this is my first post.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
according to the site.. they have no UK destributers.. (well there is one:Wholesaler Ltd 11 22 33 Hardware Street Woodenburgh, im not sure that they are a real dealer though :roll: )

it might be worth e-mailing them!

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
i got a ACDOR made by hultafors AB, Hults Bruk. Simmilair in size as the GB mini, but mine was badly finished. It came with a blue, red paint. I tryed to take of the blue paint of the axe head, but discoverd so many uneaven places that it's virtually impossible to remove all the paint with sandpapper or steel brushes. Mine current plan is to spray it black or silver. The handle is partially painted red, i tryed to remove all the paint, work is still in progress... Looking down mine ACDOR you won't see wood in the eye, just red epoxy. On the other side of the head yellowish epoxy is clearly present. Edge looks fine, though, but the sheath a bit crappy. If you would drop the axe in sheathed conditions, the only thing that would prevent the head from going through is ONE rivet, the rest of the rivets are place on the side of the sheath. This sheath has no seams, it's just riveted together. But it was cheap.

Other bigger models do look much beter finished.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
PC2K said:
i got a ACDOR made by hultafors AB, Hults Bruk. Simmilair in size as the GB mini, but mine was badly finished. It came with a blue, red paint. I tryed to take of the blue paint of the axe head, but discoverd so many uneaven places that it's virtually impossible to remove all the paint with sandpapper or steel brushes. Mine current plan is to spray it black or silver. The handle is partially painted red, i tryed to remove all the paint, work is still in progress... Looking down mine ACDOR you won't see wood in the eye, just red epoxy. On the other side of the head yellowish epoxy is clearly present. Edge looks fine, though, but the sheath a bit crappy. If you would drop the axe in sheathed conditions, the only thing that would prevent the head from going through is ONE rivet, the rest of the rivets are place on the side of the sheath. This sheath has no seams, it's just riveted together. But it was cheap.

Other bigger models do look much beter finished.

Hmm I like the look of the small trekking Axe..... But I dunno after this review. :?:

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
after just getting a GB wildlife, i discoverd the uneven spots are presents on there aswell, as on a couple of GB's i saw. ( thing of 2 guys standing around a table with lots of axe on it... :naughty: ). I removed the paint, because it looks like the dutch flag upside down, bit to much color in the woods.

The only thing i still don't like is the epoxy on the eye. Also the handle doesn;t stick out of the head slighly as the GB's. Here are a couple of pictures of the epoxy ( don't look at the head, haven't finished stripping of all paint yet... )

axe_up.JPG

axe_down.JPG

the guy i showed this axe to is now considering buying one aswell, he own lots of GB's...
note that this axe is quite diffrent from the other HB i saw. Other HB's looks beter to me and i think they lack the epoxy, but i'm not sure.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE