Hudson bay " Twodogs"

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
It is the "Hudson's Bay Company." Get this right. Might be an idea to do the duty for an extraordinary
British-based company of adventurers (etc) for many centuries. I would trade a whole lot of things for HBC blanket coat.
There's a lady here in my village with just such a coat, covered in Dene' beadwork - spectacular.

I have a Sheffield UK blade, a Monoctaugan blade (TomBear/thanks) now hafted crooked, which is probably the same design which was sold by the barrel
by the HBC in the mid-1700's. Eastern native people were what I might want to label as the birch-building peoples.
A multipurpose tree, roughly the equivalent of the western red cedar here on the west coast.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
They were probably better made back in the day:
Hudson-Bay-Blanket-Ad.jpeg_zpsooyh27wz.jpg

K

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Cracking bit of tailoring Cliff. goodjob

Dave, you're going to have to get some pics of it in snow to make everyone else even more jealous :)

Fantastic, I dont suppose you can post a pattern for it can you, would love something similar.

I doubt Cliff would want to share his pattern as it would take away trade from him :rolleyes:

However...The Bushcraft Magazine has an article and pattern for making your own bushshirt :)

Last edited:

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Thanks for all the kind words and many thanks to Dave for trusting me with his blanket .

It was fun to make and the blanket is very soft and warm ............

Twodogs

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Thanks for all the kind words and many thanks to Dave for trusting me with his blanket .

It was fun to make and the blanket is very soft and warm ............

Twodogs

No need to thank me mate, you've done an incredible job on it. I couldn't bare to see the cat getting all the enjoyment out of the blanket, I had to do something with it. I just hope it fits! Lol

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Does look great.

The blankets are currently made in Yorkshire I believe, by the Hainsworths & Sons company.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE