Hudson bay " Twodogs"

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Its not everyday you get asked to cut up a Hudson bay trade blanket so when your asked it would be rude to say no ....:)

Nervous time ..

All cut ,,

Managed to get the four point mark on the hood

Hood built up

Normal Twodogs inner pocket and lanyard line

The finished Hudson Bay "Twodogs"

Twodogs

forginhill

Settler
Dec 3, 2006
The Desert
It was for a good purpose....and you did it justice. That's great! The blanket lives on in a better reincarnation (imo)....

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
That's a bit special and something of a bargain mindful a new "Millenium" HB blanket is $300 - $400 depending on size.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Lovely Job. Hudson bay blankets have always been cut for clothing, I'm not saying I could afford to do it, but I think you've continued that tradition very well.
Now where's that capote.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
What's different/special about HB blankies

Cracking job in that mate....lovely how you've preserved the effect.

The weave, knapp , performance of the wool is really good. They are made from a selection of the finest fibers.
Then the history and tradition of the blanket. Hudson Bay 1780, Point blankets even earlier. Used as a form of currency, before the monetary ststem, the points indicated how many Beaver pelts the blanket was worth.
Great history, an item that really does perform.
Mountain men have made capote/jackets out of them for years.
I love that "Twodogs Hudson Bay"

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
The weave, knapp , performance of the wool is really good. They are made from a selection of the finest fibers.
Then the history and tradition of the blanket. Hudson Bay 1780, Point blankets even earlier. Used as a form of currency, before the monetary ststem, the points indicated how many Beaver pelts the blanket was worth.
Great history, an item that really does perform.
Mountain men have made capote/jackets out of them for years.
I love that "Twodogs Hudson Bay"

Thanks bud :You_Rock_

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Nice blanket you seriously done it justice, i love how you matched up all the pattern and trim and the preservation and placement of the label just finishes it off nicely, i think what i am saying is i hate it and in no way i am jealous in comparison to my regular Twodogs Bushshirt :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE