Huckleberry Finn Rafting In Sweden- Looking for Raft Buddies.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I was going to post this in the Expeditions but seemingly don't have the ability to post there....

raft.jpg

Would anyone be interested in joining me on a Rafting Trip in Sweden??

"Timber rafting is a very unusual holiday indeed! Due to the special water conditions required (an unregulated river, wide and slow-flowing), the River Klarälven is one of only a very few locations in the world where multi-day timber raft tours are possible.

Release your inner Huckleberry Finn to construct your own timber raft then pilot her down river on a self-guided tour ideal for adults, active families or groups. Camp wild along the riverbank covering 50-100km over 5 or 8 days for the standard tour, or choose "Timber Rafting with Added Comfort" for a full-service alternative. "

https://www.naturetravels.co.uk/water-sweden-timber-rafting-klaralven-vv58rs1.htm

Attachments

• raft.jpg
    raft.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 2

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
DSCF0378.jpg

This was taken in 2007 when we camped next to the Klaralven with a raft near the bank. Beautiful countryside all around and a nice slow way to see it on a raft.
A local caught a large pike, smoked it in camp and gave some to us, very boney but tasty.
Well worth a visit.
Riven.

Reactions: TeeDee

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Looks a great adventure and I'd love to go.. but I've given up flying . So no trips abroad unless I go by train or road. It would take too long to get there that way.
I hope someone would like to go with you, but don't let that stop you if you want to go. Take every opportunity to do things while you can.
I've had some great solo adventures . If I'd waited for someone to come with me I'd never have done them.
I find that solo you make friends more easily with those you meet along the way.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Looks a great adventure and I'd love to go.. but I've given up flying . So no trips abroad unless I go by train or road. It would take too long to get there that way.
I hope someone would like to go with you, but don't let that stop you if you want to go. Take every opportunity to do things while you can.
I've had some great solo adventures . If I'd waited for someone to come with me I'd never have done them.
I find that solo you make friends more easily with those you meet along the way.

I could drive there. That's not an issue. Last year I drove from South west of the UK all the way upto Nordkapp Norway in 71 hours.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I'm tempted! I don't have great health myself. When are you thinking of going and what's the cost?
Can't say yes definitely but I don't live too far away from you so a road trip might be possible.
Can you handle having a 60+ yr old woman with uncertain mobility as travel companion ? I wouldn't blame you if it was a no.
I don't know if I could handle such a long journey but I'm tenacious .

Ps
.only moderately ugly!!!! ;) not a spring chicken by any means but I don't look my age... I'm told.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
You have other qualities.

You can do the cooking.
(just a suggestion :) )

I have followed this thread, and checked out the website, plus others.
A very civilized, physically non taxing, way to enjoy the Swedish country side, and hopefully, wildlife!

Better than a canoe trip for us aged people.

For young people I would still recommend to rent a canoe and do the Dal river.

Also, I do not want you guys to do a Marathon drive. Take it easy, stop, see some sights. I know Sweden fairly well, and can recommend some nice places. The travelling itself should be pleasurable!

Last edited:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
You have other qualities.

You can do the cooking.
(just a suggestion :)

Isn't that just a guy thing to say!!!!! :)

Honestly Janne, I'm dissopointed. .. but not suprised.

I've always been lucky in that usualy any male companions that I camp with understand that just sometimes I need a break from the hot stove and kitchen sink.
Not that I never cook but I don't allow myself to be typecast into that role..
Even said in fun with a smiley face doesn't stop me feeling the pressure to be thought of as the little woman and be expected to assume that role.

No I haven't burned my bra! ;)

Reactions: woodspirits

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Made a woopsie.
Sorry, I've messed up that last post. Left the quote thingy in and so it's all gone onto Janne 's last post. Duh!

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
If I was on a raft with you, I would do the cooking. I love cooking, and some people say I cook decent food.
You could season it.
:)

There is not much more to do on a raft. Fish. Cook. Relax and snooze. Not much steering needed I believe.

What does a person do for a Number Two?

Last edited:

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Woody Girl, you would do the raft building. I can not lift.

If you go for it, I think you will have a heck of a time, as long as the weather is decent!

Bring your fishing gear, get a permit, and your food is sorted!
Small fish - soup.
Medium fish - pan fry.
Large fish - grill over a fire ( if fires are not banned at that time, in that area)

YUMMY!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Woody Girl, you would do the raft building. I can not lift.

If you go for it, I think you will have a heck of a time, as long as the weather is decent!

Bring your fishing gear, get a permit, and your food is sorted!
Small fish - soup.
Medium fish - pan fry.
Large fish - grill over a fire ( if fires are not banned at that time, in that area)

YUMMY!

I struggle with a kilo of sugar! We'd have to have a third person to build the raft.
1 You to cook
2 Me to snooze and dream... perhaps troll a line while I doze
3 Someone else to build the raft and get us off the sandbars!

Could work! :) :) :)

Reactions: Janne

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
That is something I think I would not like, wasting precious time building thrn ’breaking down the raft.
I assume it is a kit, assembled many times before.

Yeah, I dug myself in a hole there.
Thank Gods I did not mention hoovering.....:)

I wonder if today’s young people that do all sorts of sports and gym realise the consequences 40 years later?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE