Huber's, Obenauf's or homemade leather boot treatment...hmmmm

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Here's the scope: I've got a ton of odd soapers stuff lying around, and a fair amount of random bushcraft juice.

Though I'm out of Neatsfoot oil, It's clear that I can get some pure oil easily. There's also Shea butter, Coconut butter and oil, Almond Oil, Tea tree oil and other random soap-making stuff in my big crate upstairs. I've also got plenty of beeswax and an odd assortment of oils, including BLO, Camilia, Olive oil and random wood finishing oils like tung and Danish.

Or... Huberd's Shoe Grease is not only on my Christmas list, but is available in the UK.

Or... a friend going to the states for the holidays can bring back a tub of Obenauf's.

So: There are all sorts of candles, balms, and boot treatments that use all or some of all this crap. Sheesh! There are recipes for FixNWax, wood polish, hand cream and lip balm that all seem to use the same ingredients. Each recipe involves the simple process of melt and mix.

Any ideas of what you'd make? Recipes? I've got some shoes to do, some basic leather bushy stuff to treat, some canvas that wants to be waterproofed and an epic case of dry lips and hands along with a supreme lack of candle light. Fire starters?

What would you all make?? One thing that does it all or a few specific things? I'd love to have one concoction that does it all that would live in a small tin in the bottom of my bush pack. hmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE