How's Everyone Been?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Hello, all! Hope you're all doing well. Just wondering how everyone's getting on at BCUK. Had a chat with Boatman a few days ago and thought I'd pop back on.

Been off for quite a few months now and a lot as happened since then. Going well on my ecology and conservation diploma, been at it since September. Going on a work placement for 3 weeks to Creag Meagaidh NNR in June (If anyone would like, I'll document my activities there). In fact, I was going to ask if anyone would be interested in me keeping a diary of sorts? It would probably cover activities such as hedge laying, stock fencing, coppicing and various other estate skills/management techniques we do on the diploma. May also include topics on ecology for discussion. Other than the course, I've just been exploring Dorset. Plan to go down to the Jurassic Coast next weekend, weather permitting.

Enough about me. How has everyone been? Have I missed anything interesting?

:)

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Glad it's going well, and I for one would like you to do a bit of a write up of your activities, if you have the time.

Dave

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Thanks, everyone. I've went ahead and posted a write-up in a new thread "Ecology and Conservation (Journal)" in Out and About, which may or may not be the correct place. Have a look if you'd like.

Cheers.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Glad to see you back sir,

Had been wondering how you were getting on. Looking forward to updates on your voyage of learning, should be good.

I'll head off and have a read and see how it's fairing so far.

ATB,
GB.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
As posted in your other thread,

Good to see you back and and all is going well. we missed you!

Meself, I have jsut dropped about 300 quid on blades, exotic woods and other knife making supplies, which with any luck should arrive by the weekend, When my 5 days annual leave start! :dancer:

It's going to be an exciting weeks holidays! With any luck i'll only need to leave the workshop (shed) to eat, sleep and make supplie runs. :rolleyes:

All the Best,

Stephen

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE