How to tie a para cord key fob.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

madrussian

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
New Iberia, Louisiana USA
Just thought ya'll might want to see how I did. Here are some paracord key fobs that I have been making.

40ldt0n.jpg

2llzznn.jpg

2yl3e4p.jpg

Not too bad for making them while watching tv. :D

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Suitable inspired, I had a go at this because I'm sick of looking at the great things other people have made and never having a go myself. I thought I'd start 'easy' and try the key-fob-paracord-thingy-doo-dah using the instructions on the SCOUBIE site. I though that, if an eight-year-old girl can do it, it should be no problem for an educated 35-year-old fella.

I have to say, I gave up after half an hour. :censored: These girls are good. My efforts looked more like your small intestine than a key fob. :eek:

So, I had a sulk and then looked at the thread again. This time, I tried the www.sosakonline.com instructions mentioned above. I actually found these much simpler and, althought I only wanted to make something a couple of inches long, I'm afraid a got carried away and ended up with something about a foot long just for the practice. It was actually quite therapeutic!

So, I'm going to make another one (smaller) and then have a go at something else. Thanks for starting this thread - it now means that I can carry a good length of paracord around and it looks quite decorative.

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
Mikey P said:
Suitable inspired, I had a go at this because I'm sick of looking at the great things other people have made and never having a go myself. I thought I'd start 'easy' and try the key-fob-paracord-thingy-doo-dah using the instructions on the SCOUBIE site. I though that, if an eight-year-old girl can do it, it should be no problem for an educated 35-year-old fella.

I have to say, I gave up after half an hour. :censored: These girls are good. My efforts looked more like your small intestine than a key fob. :eek: .

TELL ME ABOUT IT! :cussing:

I really liked the look of the key fob and I've got about 1000 meters of para-cord, GRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :confused:

John

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
Hunter_zero said:
TELL ME ABOUT IT! :cussing:

I really liked the look of the key fob and I've got about 1000 meters of para-cord, GRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :confused:

John

Way hey! just cracked it! Now what to do with three lanyards

John

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
madrussian said:
Just thought ya'll might want to see how I did. Here are some paracord key fobs that I have been making.

Not too bad for making them while watching tv. :D

Great work there, but you might want to drop the image size for those that do not have Broadband and large monitors. I think that there used to be a guide/suggestion that you don't include images with a width not more than 800 pixels so that you do not have to scroll or wait for the images to download. Don't mean to tread on any Mods toes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE