How to run a raffle online?

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Has anyone done it? Does anyone know the ins and outs?

At some point in the future I would like to raffle an item or two for charity. However, I would like to be as legitnas possible. By that I mean legal (of course) but also quite clear to people where the money is going and that I'm not pulling a fast one with said dosh.

I have seen a number of people do raffles where they just advertise out to say, ' send me xxx for a ticket' and then later on they do a 'draw' but there is no real, well, professionalism about it. It just feels dodgy to me. Like they could have alreadyndecided that their mate down the road has won, if charity raffle that only half is going there, etc, etc. This may not be the case but it just feels like that's how it could go.

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Has anyone done it? Does anyone know the ins and outs?

Yes I used to run a dad site and did raffle type giveaways monthly (until it became too costly to run).

At some point in the future I would like to raffle an item or two for charity. However, I would like to be as legitnas possible. By that I mean legal (of course) but also quite clear to people where the money is going and that I'm not pulling a fast one with said dosh.

I have seen a number of people do raffles where they just advertise out to say, ' send me xxx for a ticket' and then later on they do a 'draw' but there is no real, well, professionalism about it. It just feels dodgy to me. Like they could have alreadyndecided that their mate down the road has won, if charity raffle that only half is going there, etc, etc. This may not be the case but it just feels like that's how it could go.

Ok well if it goes to charity get a letter from them confirming you are doing the raffle and all proceeds go to them after costs of prizes etc. If you accept PayPal payments then you can set up an account like donations.charity@Gmail.com and screenshot everything on there. All money in and all money out etc.

When doing the giveaway have a hat or bowl or whatever with all entrants names/numbers on there that they've been assigned, and then pick it out on camera and post the video online. When the winner has been picked, take a few other names out of the hat and show there were other names as well.

I hope that helps.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE