How to Make Woodstock Jealous (pic heavy)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I went up to Mark's (T1tch) on Sunday and we had a night out in one of his stamping grounds. It was supposed to have been three of us but sadly Woodstocks wife had other plans for him so he couldn't make it in the end. Bad luck Mike.... you missed a really great night out.

We did a superb rabbit stew, and Mark made some of his bannock and very nice it was too :) The Jura Malt whisky went down well as well and that's from a guy who doesn't drink whisky as a norm :D

Anyway here's the pics

Our seat for the night
seat-s.jpg

The view from the seat
view-s.jpg

Mark just putting the ember in after starting it with his favourite fire maker, a fire piston.
fire2-s.jpg

Mark trying to set light to his beard :D
fire-s.jpg

Our pitch in the morning
camp-s-1.jpg

After we packed up we went off to try to find a birch to tap... and we found one so we tried the knife and stick method:)
tapping2-s.jpg

tapping-s.jpg

As the birch was slowing filling the bottle I put up my new tarp from Andywinkk. 4x4.5mt and a great bit of kit
andytarp1-s.jpg

Andytarp3-s.jpg

andytarp4-s.jpg

We found plenty sign of deer as well as being serenaded during the night by them
deerspoor.jpg

The weather was gorgeous and the signs of spring were all around, loads of primulas were out
primula3-s.jpg

All in all a great night out relaxing in some great woodland in good company :)

T1tch

Forager
Dec 24, 2007
Cambridgeshire
Thanks for the company mate, glad you enjoyed it. The photos turned out nicely - though I still maintain I'm more carcinogenic than photogenic...:p
If you think the beard was in danger, you should have seen the antics involved in attempting to rekindle the fire in the morning - even my eyebrows were in danger... till I cheated and used a lighter - must put the air poker back in the kit bag...
As for Woodstock - it is a shame he couldn’t make it, and the inevitable hillarity that would have resulted was missed, but you know he'd have only gotten lost (sorry Mike – couldn’t resist)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's a beaut of a tarp :approve:

Nice site too :D cheers for the photos.

Y'know you can use Primroses to make Peggles wine ? seems a shame though, they're such pretty wee flowers.

cheers,
Toddy

T1tch

Forager
Dec 24, 2007
Cambridgeshire
Looks like a good one guys

Did you get much sap ?

Probably about 1/2-3/4 of a pint - wasn't realy trying to be honest - it was the first attempt ever, and only left it for a couple of hours.

I've reduced it down to a third by volume, I think I'll make ice cubes with it, as I don't do hot drinks...

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
That's a beaut of a tarp :approve:

Nice site too :D cheers for the photos.

Y'know you can use Primroses to make Peggles wine ? seems a shame though, they're such pretty wee flowers.

cheers,
Toddy

It sure is a good tarp and I'm well pleased with it :)
As for the primroses..... what's Peggles wine?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE