How to Delete messages

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gibson 175

Apr 9, 2022
West Yorkshire
I am sure this has been discussed but I have searhed and can't find the topic. Have had a look at my settings,profile etc.
How do I empty inbox.sent items, delete mesdsages etc?
Cheers

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I don't believe you can edit or delete PMs at all TBH.

What a lot of people do with posts they want to delete is just edit it, deleting all the text, and leave a full stop or something in place. However, remember, that anyone that 'replies' or 'quotes' your post before you edit it will have the full text in their post - so best make sure not to write anything you regret :)

Edit: Ah, I see you've already done that in one case ;)

Reactions: gibson 175

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
You can leave the conversation, although this will not delete it from the other persons messages box but I'm fairly sure that it keeps your message quota.

If all parties leave the conversation then it's automatically deleted from the DB and it's gone for good.

As for deleting parts of a conversation then it's only a local edit on the one comment that will do that. The conversation is classed as one complete thing, so it's the whole thing that gets affected by deleting (leaving) the conversation.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
You can leave the conversation, although this will not delete it from the other persons messages box but I'm fairly sure that it keeps your message quota.

If all parties leave the conversation then it's automatically deleted from the DB and it's gone for good.

As for deleting parts of a conversation then it's only a local edit on the one comment that will do that. The conversation is classed as one complete thing, so it's the whole thing that gets affected by deleting (leaving) the conversation.

Ah, didn't know that :)

So, if someone leaves a conversation then another participant includes them again what happens? And, would I know if someone had left a conversation and was therefor not reading the new messages?

And finally (sorry), how would I know if my quota is being reached?

All things that after 13 years of participation you'd think I knew :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE