How to cure stinky boots

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Shake in loads of bicarbonate of soda when the boots are still slightly damp with sweat and leave them overnight somewhere dry. Brush or hoover out the next day. Repeat as necessary. I'm told that if you add some tea tree oil it'll really help since it kills off the bacteria that cause the smell not just make the environment unsuitable for them.

cheers,
Toddy

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I believe that people used to put the plant 'silverweed' into their shoes for this purpose. A sort of natural odoureaters.:rolleyes:

Shankly

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
Cambs
Freeze them, if you have a big enough freezer that is - just throw them in a plastic bag and shove them in overnight. I cant remember where i heard about this but the cold should kill off all of the bacteria that causes the odour in the first place..

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Freeze them, if you have a big enough freezer that is - just throw them in a plastic bag and shove them in overnight. I cant remember where i heard about this but the cold should kill off all of the bacteria that causes the odour in the first place..

exaclty! just soak them with water and green soap and put them in the freezer in a plastic bag as mentioned above :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE