How to braid and make lanyards etc

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
I have been trying to make a lanyard type thing that you would have on the end of your knife, torch, keys etc but i am all fingers and thumbs. Well to be honest i just don't find the instuctions clear enough. I need more than 2 passes or whtever they are called.
I have googled but google is not being friendly and keeps bringing up cheap chav bling that chavs wear!!1
can anyone point me in the right direction please.
Knots are not my strong point but i want them to be.
Sorry but i am in the 'kill inanimate object mood' as i find it realy frustrating.
and breathe...... :)

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
Speak to Eric when he reappears, he was doing the exacet thing you are looking for today at the meet :I

BUT am sure he will be able to point you in the right direction

Knotty ash, Diddymen? Surely not!
Mr Strop

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Thanks guys
Goose, i looked at that site. I'm alright till the second picture lol. Seriously though, the third picture just has this knot hidden behind a thumb and the fourth all of a sudden theres a row of them??????????????
maybe i'm tired. I'll try again tommorrow.
Btw, i did find an easdy one with 5 pieces of para cord. over and under the middle one from left then over and under the middle one from right lalalalala. Like a cat and nine tails.
it was just so i can make a thing for my torch etc....
Bed i think.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Thanks for all the info guys. I managed to get nicely in the rythm of platting a 4 and 5 string braid and also managed to make a nice chinese button type knot on a seperate piece of string. ( they are realy fiddly to tighten up as i found i had to pull each piece of the knot slowly to keep the shape ).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE