How to arrange a trip to Canadian Boreal Forest?

Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
Hello

Basically I am really interested in arranging a week or so in the Boreal forests in Canada, although I really dont have many ideas how to go about it, I need to find like where to set out from and things when I get into canada. Also do I need anything specific in team members like do I need to have certain people good a particular areas, or does it not matter? And is it possible to hire expensive equipment like sledges n snow shoes, I plan to go winter time btw.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks! :)
Brian

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Hi Brian :)

IMO and experience, you all need to know what you are doing. It gets properly cold up there and one mistake could leave anyone with frostbite or worse. A fall through the ice is nasty for anybody and I wouldn't entertain going with anybody who doesn't know what they are doing without a professional instructor in the group.

Aside from the danger to yourselves, it places potential rescuers in danger for no reason too.

If you need to hire kit, find out where to go and sort the planning out, why not go with a professional provider who can deal with everything for you and do it in safety too? The time taken for planning this green will probably be better spent at work, and giving that money to somebody who knows what they are doing.

The huge added bonus is that you'll learn a hell of a lot more this way too and will stand you and others in much better stead for repeating it.

Hope this helps, good luck with what you decide to do :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
On the subject of hiring professional guides: Look up the hunting guides. They often guide fishing or camping parties during the non-hunting seasons. You might also look up canoeing guides.

Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
Thanks for the advice guys! :D I think I'll go for a professional guide sounds like a better plan! Just need to find some decent mates who are up for it as most of them are half soaked -_-

Thankyou!
Brian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE