how often?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
After years of working full time (sometimes 10 or more days in a row and 15 hour shifts) and having a boyfriend at the time who wouldnt walk to the local shop, let alone go hiking or camping, I started to go a bit mental :banghead: So I packed up my job,got rid of my boyfriend and my flat, brought a narrowboat and went to Animal Care College!! :lmao: Now Im lucky enough to live on the Avon River, work on a tiny farm and have met someone who enjoys all the same outdoorsy stuff I do :eek: Since July I have had some lovely little walking adventures in Scotland and am looking forward to more when HWMBO is better :p On a daily basis, I make sure I walk my dog every night, to give her a good run and get me some fresh air and thinking time! I still find it difficult to get out sometimes when I have assignments etc, but tis amazing what an hours walk with the dog can do to reduce stress levels!! I nearly always put other people before myself, but I think sometimes, you just gots to be a bit selfish and get out there, even for a little while, otherwise youll go crazy!! :camping:

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
hi all
i work 5 to 6 days a week and have a girlfriend with four kids,to be honest i cant remember the last time i went shooting or even a night out.something is going to give as at 46 years old its getting bit much.
i digress,how often do you get out to enjoy and relax in the great wide open?
f

I no exactly how you feel pal!! Im 32 with 4 daughter's and I get the same feelings as you do!!
My plan is simple for now, I work my butt off now so in the future once the kids are older I get more me time when I don't need the cash so much! Plus I joined my local explorer scouts as a section helper and that has helped too!! I have finally allowed myself to go to my first bushcraft meet which will be at rough close in march, I have the weekend off work so if everything goes to /plan I will be out there having some me time!!

nutz

Dec 20, 2004
Walderslade
I too know the feeling and am in much the same situation although I get out whenever I want. The secret?

Take the kids with you. The misses will practically pack for you, so she gets some peaceful time away from the kids and not only do you get to do what you enjoy, you get also get to play Dad and teach them all you know.

I also like the company of the kids and I personally think its great they do something other than the Xbox. They practically fall over each other if I walk in and say "who's up for going to the woods tonight then". Just make it fun for them.

Not a lot you can do about the hours you work restricting your spare time. I know with a house to run the money's needed but try to be organised. If you work six days a week be prepared, packed and ready and just go out at the end of the 6th day after work for the night and come home early the next morning. You will still get your fix and still have a full day off work to do all the tasks the misses has ready for you :) ad they call it a day off. Hah!

Hope this helps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE