How much Ice on Loch Lomond?

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Don't we always?
....and if you're expecting sympathy for being off on a snowboarding jaunt you've got a long wait in front of you. You have a good one too. :)

Meant to say. Both Aldochlay and Balmaha freeze early as well, best bet for launching is Luss.
If the road's open Sallochy Bay's usually free for longer too. Put in there a few years back when we got to Balmaha and it was frozen up.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Youve got me wondering mate, could i rush one of those quickie divorses through on christmas eve, save me a bundle of pressies and i could come paddling with you, remarry on 1st of jan, no make that 2nd jan, hung over on 1st.

Rich is right, i hope you lads enjoy yourselves, you should give big Jason a shout, hes single and champing at the bit to get out on his canoe now hes got his quentin stickers on order for his new canoe, hes jag009 on here!

All the best guys

Colin

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
What do you paddle Teepee? We'll keep an eye open for you.

Look out for a white canoe, a green one and a wee wooden affair. We'll probably have a 'chute up at camp and the canoes might be rigged for sailing.
Although we're going out on friday no-one's really mentioned coming back so may still be knocking about early in the week. :)
No plans as such so couldn't tell you where, somewhere south facing most likely to catch whatever sun there may be.

I'm in a bushcraft red sea kayak. I'll keep an eye out for your boats too. Thanks for the launch info.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE