How many climbers??

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
I haven't climbed actively now for over a year but used to be a regular on the indoor walls around here. I really enjoy climbing but with all my other hobbies find it very difficult at present to get out when I want.

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Every spare minute was spent rock climbing between the age of 13 and 30, then it got less and less and have only been out a couple of times in the last 8 years. I mainly climbed in North Wales and the Peak District, but did several trips to France Spain and Italy, and did about 4 Ice climbs in Utah a few years ago whilst there for a trade show.

Funnily enough I sorted my kit out at the weekend, as I have a days work next week looking after a film crew on a sea cliff. I really fancy going to do some other routes if we get some more good weather this year, the only trouble is I am about 2.5 stone heavier than when I was climbing at my peak .

How they equate ?

For me climbing for was all about pushing the grades, and trying harder routes, and the feeling where your arms were 'pumping' with no strength left, and sometimes fear !

Bushcraft is peaceful & relaxing !

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Another Ex-climber here. Too old and broken to climb now. Liked winter stuff a lot, and definitely preferred outdoors to in. Mainly climbed in Scotland though I've a few first accents in Turkey.

Camping, climbing & bushcraft all kind of blended together for me, especially on longer trips. But then I kind of see it as a kind've holistic thing. But if you want t be really serious about climbing then it will bump other past-times into touch.

ATB,
GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE