How could this be better

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Sorry the pics I uploaded are pants

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391729196.595463.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391729196.595463.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 14
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391729207.682992.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391729207.682992.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 13

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
The top one looks a bit dark. Perhaps some nudigng of the exposure and shadows might help it.

The bottom one looks very good. However I can see that noise is starting to creep into the sky. Was this taken when the light was fading after sunrise or early dawn?
I think it is just the sky and limited amount of contrast in the scene that may be the issue.

Just had a look at your photostream and prefer the ones on there with the lovely colours and silky smooth rocks.

This shot was taken at sunset this is not a sunrise beach really.

I was going to say; try B/W but you did:)
What I liked from the a bit yellowish/magenta photo is that the water seems to come more to the viewer. But is in the foreground still a bit to dark.
I like the B/W version but were the color version seperates water from air is now gone. So when editing, think of yourself as the sun. Where would you shine on the water through the clouds? In the foreground for sure some more. Were the air touches the water/land is a white area. A clear giveaway of heavy editing and a not so good used mask. Try photoshop for it has more tools for this than a RAW converter.
And....good of you to bite into it, try, and show us!! Top!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

I use photoshop CS6 (this may have been CS4) I can see the halo too looking it and I should have avoided that.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Just wondering chaps whether we should look at this in two separate ways:
1) how could this be better in terms of subject, focus, composition, light etc ?
2) how could I improve this shot with post image processing and manipulation?

Almost all my shots are posted up straight off the camera with no manipulation at all, so I'm more interested in 1) than 2), though I've nothing against image manipulation and will get to it in time.

Just a thought.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Just wondering chaps whether we should look at this in two separate ways:
1) how could this be better in terms of subject, focus, composition, light etc ?
2) how could I improve this shot with post image processing and manipulation?

Almost all my shots are posted up straight off the camera with no manipulation at all, so I'm more interested in 1) than 2), though I've nothing against image manipulation and will get to it in time.

Just a thought.

Ask for either or both IMO.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE