How can I attach a wire rope to my cooking tin please?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
All very well, but you have to prepare and carry them with you. What about a thick green cut branch with a saw slot in it at an angle? That is, a cut 50% of the way through the branch at an agle of less than 90 degrees, pushed onto the lip of the can. The angle ensures that the weight of the can and its contents tighten the grip of the branch onto the can when it is lifted. As demonstrated by Mike at MCQBushcraft in one of his videos on YouTube .

[edit] see the video entitled "Bushcraft Frying Pan".

Hi Bob
Thanks for this, I have been a fan of MCQ for a while, hadn't seen this vid though, (have now) his has a lip on the edge of his plate unlike my billy type tins, but thought I'd give it a go today and it worked quite well, only filled it with water to try, will be field testing this weekend.
Thanks for sharing

Cordhound

Jul 16, 2014
Mere, Wiltshire
Crusader cup hanger or an abreviated coat hanger:
Hope this helps..
e9ebe3e8.jpg

Cordhound

Jul 15, 2014
Gwent
All very well, but you have to prepare and carry them with you. What about a thick green cut branch with a saw slot in it at an angle? That is, a cut 50% of the way through the branch at an agle of less than 90 degrees, pushed onto the lip of the can. The angle ensures that the weight of the can and its contents tighten the grip of the branch onto the can when it is lifted. As demonstrated by Mike at MCQBushcraft in one of his videos on YouTube .

[edit] see the video entitled "Bushcraft Frying Pan".

Have you tried this with a billy that has vertical walls? I only ask as the pan he used had sloping sides which looks like it might make a difference? Not sure...

The pan handle he made in the vid is a great idea, I can see what he means when he says people think its gonna fall out. I'll need to give it a go cos I'm struggling to see how it doesn't!

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
goodjobThats got me thinking, before a few here say it that can be dangerous, there are two very nice pots that just need handles for a group set up, i will get them and give it a whizz, cheers for the tip!goodjob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE