Hotels in Exeter.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Here's where I ask the support of the members in Exeter. We're making final plans for the move and have a hotel in London but still need to find a good hotel in Exeter for a few days while we house hunt. Anyone know of any or have some recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Malc & Deb.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
There is a Travelodge just off the motorway that I stayed at a few months back. It was clean, cheap and handy for the town

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Give me a shout if I can be of any help. As Red said the Travel Lodge is as good as any but depending on what you want ? Do you have any idea exactly where you are looking at ? IE In Exeter or further a field?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Is the Buckerell Lodge on Top sham Rd still any good Teedee if they want somewhere smarter? I used to love the old Royal Clarence , its location is brilliant, but I see its changed hands and name to the ABode?

http://www.abodeexeter.co.uk

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
Fhere is a reasonably new premier in straight opposite St Davids railway station or an even newer one just off the M5 Jtn 29, a little soulless but not bad value (depends what your after- was thinking clean and good transport links)

Pterodaktyl

Jun 17, 2013
Devon
If you want a city centre location there's also the Thistle Hotel just across from Central Station. Will be more expensive than a Travelodge or similar but cheaper than the Royaĺ Clarence!

Are you looking to buy in Exeter itself or the surrounding towns and villages? My wife works in Exeter and I've lived within 10 miles of the city for the last 20 years, so if you let me know (here or by PM) what sort of area you're after I'll try and come up with some suggestions.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Give me a shout if I can be of any help. As Red said the Travel Lodge is as good as any but depending on what you want ? Do you have any idea exactly where you are looking at ? IE In Exeter or further a field?

Thanks TeeDee. Exeter is just a town to arrive in and we're not really tied to it anywhere Deb has been looking up and down the south west from Cornwall to Somerset/Dorset. Hope she decides before we get there.:lmao:

Thanks everyone some good recommendations there. What we're looking for is probably something like the one across from St. Davids or the one off the M5. Deb wants to spoil herself so we've booked the Hilton at Paddington for a couple of days and when we get to Exeter something clean, comfortable and reasonably priced is the order of the day. Besides why splash out on a hotel room when we can put that cash towards furniture in the rental house.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE