Honey stove or Bush cooker

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Which would you buy.

I have a honeystove but the last time i used it my hands were wetand cold, causing me dificulties to assemble it.

i have seen some reveiws on the bush cooker but would like to hear peoples opinion on them before i buy.

The Honey packs down really well compared to the bushcooker but the bushcooker im sure will fit inside my billy so doesnt need to be compact.

I run my honey with both wood and Trangia. How does the Bushcooker fair with a Trangia burner..

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

John.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The Bushcooker/Bushbuddy burns hotter and more efficiently due to the woodgas being burnt off. I sold my Honey when I got mine

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
If I had to get rid of one of these two, it would probably be the Bushcooker.

I found that the Bushcooker needs almost constant attention to keep it burning well (when it's woodburning) - I haven't tried it with other fuels. Having said that, if you can keep it going, it does burn very well.

Although the Honey Stove can be a bit of a fiddle to set up, I've found it more flexible and a bit more reliable - in that you can stoke it up and leave it with less attention than the Bushcooker. I've used wood, hexy and trangia burners with it.

Geoff

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Both very different stoves that perform equally as well in but in different circumstances, depends on entirely when, where and what you want from a stove. What may be the best for me and where I use a stove may not be best for you. I also have both and use whichever best suits my needs for a particular trip.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
How stable are these Rich? they look as though they would topple over fairly easily...

No, not at all. That isn't a worry with them.

I particularly like the Bush Cooker/Buddy as it doesn't create smoke at all once running, great for those camping occasions when you don't want smoke giving your presence away.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Both very different stoves that perform equally as well in but in different circumstances, depends on entirely when, where and what you want from a stove. What may be the best for me and where I use a stove may not be best for you. I also have both and use whichever best suits my needs for a particular trip.

I understand that they are two very different stoves but my biggest issue with the honey was the assembly when especially when you start to loose a bit of feeling and dexterity in your hands and fingers.

The bush cooker/buddy has only two parts to assemble if it's to be used as a wood burner or just one if with a meths stove.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
I use one of these brought it second hand off of here , love it .
bit bigger than a honey stove but a lot easier to set up ,

http://www.magic-flame.eu/home_f.htm

083.jpg

064.jpg

Twodogs

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE