Homestead clothing...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Our latest video covers what we consider the best clothing for smallholding. I've found there's a huge difference in what I need for doing tough jobs outdoors to backpacking or hill walking. In many ways, the sorts of clothes favoured for Bushcraft are far more suitable!

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I know back in the day of the original Gardeners world, and in some illustrated books, it was de rigeur to wear at least a jacket and tie, but that I am sure was for the public. On my allotment I do not wear my best clothes, that is if I wear any at all, you know we are less than a week off from world naked gardening day :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Good video Hugh and Fiona. Good to see the 5.11 trousers are a staple, a lot of us don’t really buy anything else, they really can’t be beaten.

Inexpensive but decent shirt is the Hoggs of Fife Luxury cotton range. I grabbed one in the Autumn colour a while ago after noticing just about everyone round here, (sheep farmers and country workers) were wearing them. It’s kind of standard wear, the local farm supply shop sells about 4 types of them and nobody seems to bother with much else.

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
I know back in the day of the original Gardeners world, and in some illustrated books, it was de rigeur to wear at least a jacket and tie, but that I am sure was for the public. On my allotment I do not wear my best clothes, that is if I wear any at all, you know we are less than a week off from world naked gardening day :)
Please spare us the video of that Laurentius. ;)

Reactions: British Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Good video Hugh and Fiona. Good to see the 5.11 trousers are a staple, a lot of us don’t really buy anything else, they really can’t be beaten.

Inexpensive but decent shirt is the Hoggs of Fife Luxury cotton range. I grabbed one in the Autumn colour a while ago after noticing just about everyone round here, (sheep farmers and country workers) were wearing them. It’s kind of standard wear, the local farm supply shop sells about 4 types of them and nobody seems to bother with much else.
Tattersall check shirts? They do work fine but I confess I wear them less because I like wool overshirts. A collared shirt under a collared shirt is weird where the collars "nest"

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Tattersall check shirts? They do work fine but I confess I wear them less because I like wool overshirts. A collared shirt under a collared shirt is weird where the collars "nest"
Not the Tattersall, they’re a thinner shirts. These thick cotton.

We’re dressing oppositely. I use the shirt to cover a collarless Bison wool shirt or cotton sweatshirt. The pullover design may not be ideal if you need venting.

Reactions: British Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Not the Tattersall, they’re a thinner shirts. These thick cotton.

We’re dressing oppositely. I use the shirt to cover a collarless Bison wool shirt or cotton sweatshirt. The pullover design may not be ideal if you need venting.
Looks like they work similarly to the wool shirts that I like but you are right, I prefer button through

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE