Homemade Sharpening Contraption.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Great to see skills still alive and well in Clydebank, historically a site of world class engineering. Good job mate.

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
Oh my god that is awesome! When I read "homemade sharpening contraption" I expected some more DIY class stuff and not some sort of mechanical masterpiece!

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
Thanks for the nice comments guys!

The long running bar is round. That allows the stone to track around the curve of the blade to the tip. Hope that makes sense?

Yeah, Clydebank does have a bit of a history for knocking stuff together, but those days are long gone unfortunately.

VaughnT

Forager
Oct 23, 2013
Lost in South Carolina
Truly spectacular. I love the combo of metals and how you managed to make it look so delightfully steampunk.

The only downside I can see is that you won't sell it to me!

I really hate not owning such a splendid contraption.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
That is a stunning piece of craftsmanship it just looks right and the knife is very nice as well. 👍 like said before it needs to be in a mahogany display box with brass fittings and lined. I'm in awe of people who make things like this in garden sheds or in spare time.

Sent from somewhere?

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Mate lovely truly astonishing result, love the machinist approach XD
bit overkill on the execution indeed but if you had fun with it worth every second of it right ^^
änd look at the result gawwhh

Yours sincerely Ruud

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE