Homemade Curries round a campfire

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Ever fancied an authentic Indian curry round the camp fire? Check out this site and the pre-packed spices.

http://www.kitchenguru.co.uk/

They come on a card , with the spices in individual bubbles, with full instructions and shopping list to create a fantastic taste.

I've been using them at home for a while now, but I tried one at the NorthWest Meet recently. It made very little difference that I was cooking them over an open fire, and the taste, mmmmmmm :p . Just ask Singeblister and Peds.

The only thing I will say is, it's better to cook it in a larger billy. They are designed to feed 4 adults so don't forget the boil in the bag rice and bannock nann breads.

Oh, and a word of warning. Some of them can make your eyeballs sweat. :eek:

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Ever fancied an authentic Indian curry round the camp fire? Check out this site and the pre-packed spices.

I was in a Recce unit and found the benefits of spices very soon after joining it not only preserved the meat it tasted better after it had been hanging about for days on end and can now do a convincing Indian curry from natural ingredients

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
You'll have to post your recipe, Woodstock.

'Natural ingredients'? Would that be wild ingredients?

Some wild such as wild garlic and pine nuts but the basic masala I carried myself which was a blended masala I'll post a list of ingredients I would coat the meat in the masala and leave it overnight the next day it tasted the Bollxxx well to be honest anything did after a while

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE