Homemade canvas pack..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Made myself a nice canvas, leather & copper pack. Absolutely fun to do and a nice sight in the woods. Ingedients: 15 oz canvas, chrome tanned leather, copper rivets for the soulder straps ensemble and hollow SS rivets for the flap straps.

Surroundings: Sweden, summer 2010

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
And for the gearheads; a "picknickmurikka" and a Eagle products kettle. And hope the red paint on the wall wasn't still shedding (falu red does tend to shed pigment for decades unless you add some linseed oil into the recipie).

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
WOW - I like that one......Great Job mate!
Where did you get the Canvas from?
Can you make some pictures of the backside of the Pack - so we can see the Shoulderstraps?

cheers
Mike

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Quote:"And for the gearheads; a "picknickmurikka" and a Eagle products kettle. And hope the red paint on the wall wasn't still shedding (falu red does tend to shed pigment for decades unless you add some linseed oil into the recipie)."

As if you were there! The falu was stable and didn't stain... I learned that lesson years ago, the hard way.

Exact location: some 20 km SE of Grövelsjön

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
WOW - I like that one......Great Job mate!
Where did you get the Canvas from?
Can you make some pictures of the backside of the Pack - so we can see the Shoulderstraps?

cheers
Mike

I found some canvas at an army tent supplier here in NL... Pic's of the back are coming, but it's a basic Duluth'ish set up with copper rivets.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
OK, here some detail pictures, backside & a 3/4 view:

URL=http://img836.imageshack.us/i/img0763h.jpg/]
img0763h.jpg
[/URL]

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
thx for the pics Mastino and the information!
If I had any sparetime left sometimes - I think I´ll give it a try and make my own Canvas Pack :D

Does anyone knows some nice pattern for a Canvas Pack?
Don´t have any Duluth pack - just an old pack from my grandfather, but don´t wanna copy that one because it is a unique for me and should stay one!

thx and cheers
Mike

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Very nice job. Something I'd like to do.
Ive changed a Swedish canvas pack by removing the frame, and putting the inner pocket on the outside. Works a treat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE