home made underblanket

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
this is my first go at making a underblanket for you new hammock, its held you with 6 bungies at each end to keep it tight and when you are in it,it hugs around you from head to feet. and best off all it cost me less than a £10 and a few hours to make.:D
25012008010.jpg

25012008012.jpg

25012008013.jpg

thanks for looking.:eek:

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Excellent work, do you use it in conjuction with a sleeping bag inside the hammock? Let us know how you get on with it too :D

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
the underblanket comes about 6inches short of me head to toe.(i am not very tall) i am hoping to pick up a 95 british army sleeping bag soon so will be using that as well should be toastie i hope!! got an army gortex bivy bag as well to put with it , if i want to sleep on the ground anytime.:rolleyes:

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I find that so long as the area's of hard contact to the hammock i.e. bum back and shoulders are 'covered' by the underblanket then it works fine but I use a self inflating mat in conjunction with my underblanket which is about five and a half foot in length.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Mine ... slung under my DD hammock ...

DSC00009.jpg

... can be used as an underblanket or as an insulated hammock in its own right ...

DSC00019.jpg

Made from pre-quilted polyester wadding and a pertex outer shell. Made like a thai hammock with tapes at each end. Shockcords are sewn in to the edges to help draw them up to provide a bit of shelter. It's double layer to allow extra insulation, sleep-mats, clothing to be added. I've also slept in between the two layers, cocoon style.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
In its second incarnation, the Ogripod made from a double duvet...
canaltripffionchristeningetc165.jpg

add a wind resisting layer and hey presto...
snow07404.jpg

It is currently morphing through another upgrade but no photos as yet.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE