Home made Ginger Wine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Oh dear, you've got a new fan Hugh; I sent the missus the link (she loves ginger wine) and she's subscribed :)

She did ask how you managed to grow the ginger though - I think you posted about that a little while ago so I'll look it up.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Oh dear, you've got a new fan Hugh; I sent the missus the link (she loves ginger wine) and she's subscribed :)

She did ask how you managed to grow the ginger though - I think you posted about that a little while ago so I'll look it up.
Excellent - growing ginger seems a subject lots of people are interested in so I'm going to film the whole thing this year, but happy to talk you through it if she wants to get going

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Excellent - growing ginger seems a subject lots of people are interested in so I'm going to film the whole thing this year, but happy to talk you through it if she wants to get going

OK, a few questions :)

How big are the pieces of 'root' you plant?
Is there anything special as far as compost/soil is concerned?
Do they need a heated environment or just no frost?
What time of year do you get them going?
How long do they take to produce a crop?

Thanks, I think that's it for now :)

Reactions: British Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
OK, a few questions :)

How big are the pieces of 'root' you plant?
Is there anything special as far as compost/soil is concerned?
Do they need a heated environment or just no frost?
What time of year do you get them going?
How long do they take to produce a crop?

Thanks, I think that's it for now :)
Two or three inch pieces planted in bucket sized pots containing a sharp potting mix. Keep damp but not waterlogged & grow in an unheated greenhouse or conservatory after the risk of frost has passed. They will crop by October.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE