Hmmmm I had A thought today,

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
load of old Kak is what it is !...... wake up, enjoy your day, go to bed with a smile on your face.......do it all again tomorrow...simple.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
I think people live their lives the best way they can.

People who spend a lot of time on-line can be just as helpful as those that spend most days out "Bushcrafting"
If everyone spent all their spare time "Bushcrafting" then there would be no forum.
If everyone spent all their spare time "On-line" then the forum would be useless as there would be no real world experience.

As it is a balance is ideal.

Judging anyone without really knowing them is bound to be wrong.
Judging someone by how much time they spend on-line likewise is wrong, it's like opening a book on a random page, reading 1 line then having an opinion on what the book is about and how good it is.

They could be ill, working away, on-call, have family commitments, poor weather in their location, lack of money and/or transport to get them to a "Bushcraft" type location and a million other things.

You then have to consider the varied content we have here, you could pick someone that's a craftsman and hardly ever camps out, but will still have a VAST amount of knowledge and experience on certain crafts.
Likewise you can have someone that has spent the majority of their life living wild that has absolutely no idea on what a good 4x4 would be.

So even if someone does live mainly on-line who are we to judge?
They can still be a valuable and contributing member of this forum in my opinion.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Give it a few years and you'll be getting direct sensory input to your brain - will literally be like being there. Now that'll add a few variables to the above ponderings!

As for the present, sites like these keep me in touch with the excitement, fun - and shinies of course! - of bushcrafting when I'm too busy working to enjoy it physically. And of course makes the anticipation and planning of the next trip even more fun.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE