High r rating mat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kmac

Tenderfoot
May 13, 2009
London
Hi
The dog is complaining that he needs to be insulated from the ground to keep warm whilst camping (he has a bed).

On my last camping trip I noticed he curled up like a Husky in the tundra.

Looked for dog beds with an R rating but couldn’t find any.

Have to revert to products targeted at people. Any recommendations for an insulating mat that’s not susceptible to puncture/ripping from their claws?

Also anyone have a dog that uses a sleeping bag?

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
You need to find a pirate’s dog, they have a high arrrrr rating.

For my dog in winter I’d probably use an insulated foam roll mat, perhaps with the dog bed on top of that. Should be plenty enough insulated - works for people, after all. Plus stray claws won’t puncture it.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
As above, a bit of foam mat will do the job. Measure your dog when he's curled up and add 2in to get the right size. With the foam mat the dog probably won't need the dog bed either. Unless it's a Chinese hairless thing.....

Sent from my SM-A546B using Tapatalk

Reactions: kmac

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
When camping with my mutt (always in a tent) I used a 1cm thick foam mat, about a third of a full length mat, with a folded fleece blanket on top. His fur did the rest.
Cheap & resistant.

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
Fellmandave on YouTube has a dog he takes on some pretty cold camps, and has a proper set-up for the dog. I can't find a specific video dealing with it, but it might be worth a look/asking him.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE