Hi from West Sussex Uk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 12, 2021
WestSussex
HI All, Level 47 this year! new here today, found by looking for chairs of all things.

Recently completed my NCFE L2 basic course and I'm heading back for a week long L3 course soon. Main attraction to it is the wood smoke! no really I love it, plus the peace, and slower natural way of lifestyle it offers, good for the mental and emotional health.

I've motorcycle camped for years, mainly at sites, mainly Europe and wild camped a couple of times in the UK. dipped into Bushcraft in 2018 and got the taste and realised I needed to bring this into my life more.

Looking forward to reading through some of the forums as I find these places a good source of info for the kit and ways to do things that have already been tried and tested by the masses.

Cheers,

Rob.

Reactions: wookii and MrEd
May 12, 2021
WestSussex
Welcome! I'm from East Sussex, but close to the border!

What is an NCFE L2 course? I've googled it, but without much luck!
Hi mate it’s a recognised certificate in bushcraft, a few companies have come together I think and have started a to provide an actual competency in bushcraft. It’s all very low key and some basics for newbies like me. The week long course covers large game butchery and actual fully immersed living in the woods. Not sure I’m allowed to say here but I did it through Wildway Bushcraft. I think it’s the sort of thing that helps of you wanted to set yourself up as a company teaching and the insurance want to see a competency skill in it. Who knows, I love it and that’s why I’m going back! Ha

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Welcome! I'm from East Sussex, but close to the border!

What is an NCFE L2 course? I've googled it, but without much luck!

If one searched for it related to bushcraft there wasn't much, but just looking for the acronym...
What is NCFE?
NCFE is a national, educational awarding organisation that designs, develops, and certificates diverse, recognised qualifications and awards, including for distance learning courses. It’s a registered educational charity that has been dedicated to learning for over 150 years.

NCFE is recognised as an awarding organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including Ofqual, the Welsh government, and the CCEA in Northern Ireland.

What does NCFE stand for?
NCFE originally stood for Northern Council for Further Education, but it dropped the full name in the 1990s, as it no longer accurately reflected the company’s growing national focus. Now the company is known simply as NCFE. It’s the UK’s longest established awarding body, as well as one of the UK’s fastest growing, which means it’s highly respected for its professionalism and quality.
What this all means is that you can get NCFE L2 courses for loads of things. Doesn't tell much about what stuff goes into what level.

Looked on the Wildway Bushcraft website and didn't see a Basic, but the week long course looks nice.

Don't use all your holiday and savings ;), you might enjoy coming to the Bush Moot this year, even if it won't be quite the same as usual, still a good opportunity to meet, chat about kit, share and learn skills at your own pace and generally chill out.

ATB
Chris

Reactions: Rob D
May 12, 2021
WestSussex
If one searched for it related to bushcraft there wasn't much, but just looking for the acronym...

What this all means is that you can get NCFE L2 courses for loads of things. Doesn't tell much about what stuff goes into what level.

Looked on the Wildway Bushcraft website and didn't see a Basic, but the week long course looks nice.

Don't use all your holiday and savings ;), you might enjoy coming to the Bush Moot this year, even if it won't be quite the same as usual, still a good opportunity to meet, chat about kit, share and learn skills at your own pace and generally chill out.

ATB
Chris
Cheers Chris, just looked up the dates of the MOOT, that's at the end of one of my trips and a couple of weeks before my week bush crafting. Shame, but now i know of it I've signed up for the updates and will book for the next one.

Rob.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hi, also a West Sussexer. Just north of Chichester at Singleton.

There’s a bloke on here, Wayne, who does bush crafty stuff at Amberley near the chalk pits. I’m sure he’ll be in touch at some point.

Reactions: MrEd and Rob D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE