Hi from Tunbridge Wells

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 18, 2007
Hi everyone,

Just writing to say hello from the Kent/Sussex border in not-so-royal Tunbridge Wells. I have no practical experience of bushcraft - yet - but like so many I have become a big fan of Ray Mears and hope to go on a course(s) soon although not necessarily Woodlore.

Looking at some of the other posts, I agree entirely that Kent has now been wrecked by roads and over-development. However Sussex still retains some very isolated and desolate areas which luckily I seem to have a nose for when I go rambling, which is mainly in the High Weald area. The people are generally more friendly too! Sometimes you don't see anyone else at all unless you divert to the nearest pub.

I also agree it is a right pain that you can't light fires at many campsites or in woodland. What did Lars Falt say in one of RM's videos - you can camp practically anywhere in Sweden and light a fire too. Lucky Swedes!

Best wishes,
Rich

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Rich - welcome to the site.

There are quite a few reviews and comments about courses on here. Try a couple of searches and see how you get on.

Welcome aboard

Rich

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Welcome Rich, You live in a very nice spot. Ive been to a course with woodlore there, and went back the following year to explore sussex a bit. The amount of broadleaf cover is amazing, espesially compared to my patch.

lofthouse31

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 16, 2007
Wiltshire
welcome mate, you are in the best place, wealth of knowledge and a real friendly crowd, hope you like it here mate, i think there is a loose bushcraft group in your area but im forever wrong on lots of things, ask about on here, welcome

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE