Hi from Sunny (sometimes) Cardiff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mbuk

May 18, 2015
cardiff
Hi All!

Been lurking (and stealing all your good ideas) for sometime but finally got round to registering so thought I should introduce my self.

I've been a longtime camper from being a scout in my youth and now continue to do so with my young family (progressing through various tents to the luxury of a campervan). In a past life I was an outdoor pursuits instructor before having the realisation I had to join the rat race of 9-5 work to support my family.

Recently I have met up with some old and close friends and as our families are growing up we have been able to get a bit more time away as adults, so have started to take to a minimalist camping / bush craft approach for days / nights away. My recent investments include a DD Hammock and Tarp, Mini folding Wood-stove supplemented with TKMaxx Stainless pot and a 1Pint Kelly Kettle.

We are are lucky enough to be easy travelling distance to the Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons were we spend as much time as our wives allow!

Sadly I don't get to spend as much time as I like kayaking and canoeing as I used to but I'm hoping to be able to do more.

So nice to meet you all and thanks for all the advice and tips already in the pages of the forum!

Mike

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hello & welcome Mike.
Hope you enjoy yourself and looking forward to hearing of your trips away.
ATB,
GB.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE